Land for Wildlife has received a funding boost in the K2W link under our Bushconnect program and through funding from the Office of Environmental Heritage. As a regional provider for LFW, the K2W partnership will be able to to register an additional 45 properties to the program over the next 5 years.
What is Land for Wildlife?
Land for Wildlife is a voluntary property registration scheme for landholders who wish to manage areas of wildlife habitat on their property.
Land for Wildlife encourages and assists landholders to include nature conservation along with other land management objectives.
Land for Wildlife is free to join and is not legally binding. Registration in the scheme will not change the legal status of a property.
What are the benefits for members?
Land for Wildlife supports people who want information about wildlife management on their property and provides opportunities for landholders to share their experiences with other landholders and partner organisations, through:
- information about wildlife management
- information about the role of wildlife and native vegetation in sustainable agriculture to control pest species, provide shade and shelter, manage salinity and control wind and water erosion
- membership links and contacts with like-minded people
- notes and news on particular management issues
- signs for property owners who have properties registered with the scheme
- access to education programs and activities.
If you are interested in joining the program please contact email@example.com or use the online registration form below.